Skip the lines – purchase your tickets online here!
Wednesday – Sunday | 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
*Giraffe Feeding, Lorikeet Feeding, Red Diamond Express Train and the Protective Life Carousel are an additional fee and may be purchased upon arrival at the Zoo.
Tickets & Pricing
Last entry into the Zoo stops ONE HOUR prior to closing.
Tickets are required for all zoo visitors without memberships
Member Admission is FREE with Membership Card – Scan in at kiosks located at front gate entrance!
Please Note: You may also purchase up to six (6) discounted non-member tickets for guests with your 25% Member discount.
Purchase or renew a Zoo Membership HERE
- Admission tickets are non-refundable but are date-transferable up to one year after the purchase date.
- Zoo Discounts cannot be combined with any additional coupons, specials, or offers.
- Reciprocal Zoo discounts are available onsite at the ticket booth.
2-12 years old
|BABIES & CHILDREN|
UNDER 2 years old
65 years +
Includes spouses and dependents
*Must show military ID and/or spouse/dependent ID **Must be purchased onsite
EMT/Paramedics, Firefighters, Law Enforcement
*Must show current valid ID or badge **Must be purchased onsite
*Must show current valid student ID **Must be purchased onsite
*Available to Alabama residents who currently receive SNAP benefits
**Must show a valid, un-expired, signed EBT card in beneficiary's name
***Available for daytime general admission on any day Birmingham Zoo is open, up to four (4) discount admission tickets per day **Must be purchased onsite
$7 Child (age 2-12)
Health & Safety Protocols
- Zoo Staff are required to wear face masks around many animals and to maintain other heightened safety protocols
- Hand Sanitizing Stations have been installed throughout the Zoo and made readily accessible.
- Sanitation Procedures The Zoo has enhanced our rigorous sanitation protocols and cleaning standards to ensure that all facilities will be thoroughly disinfected.
- High-touch Areas Staff will be routinely cleaning all surfaces and public areas, such as handrails, viewing glass, door handles, sensory room, and restrooms.
- Feeding animals is not allowed. Please respect the special diets of the animals. Treats or “people food” can cause stomach problems for these wonderful creatures.
- Keep habitat areas clean and debris-free. Please help us by not throwing items into the habitats of the animals. Even simple objects can be hazardous if swallowed.
- Stand within the visitor viewing area. Fences and barriers around the animal areas are there for your safety and that of the animals. Please stay on the walkways and viewing areas provided. Stepping over and climbing on barriers is not allowed.
- No pets inside the Zoo only service dogs are permitted. The Zoo does not offer pet boarding facilities. We allow trained service dogs. Please check with Visitor Services for exact instructions if you are here with a service dog.
- No smoking. No vaping. Recognizing the health, safety, and comfort benefits to humans and animals, Birmingham Zoo maintains a smoke-free, e-cigarette and tobacco product-free environment for all, including areas of Birmingham Zoo property, parking lot, outside grounds, picnic areas, and buildings. Visitors are required to extinguish all smoking materials, including e-cigarettes, before entering Zoo grounds.
- No outside food. Thank you for not bringing outside food into the Zoo. Food and beverages can be purchased at Nourish205, Wild Burger, Sidetrack, and the Gift Shop.
The Birmingham Zoo is a facility that uses nuts and nut products for animal diet purposes. Traces of nuts or nut products may be found in areas where animal feedings are conducted and areas where Programs and Educational animal demonstrations are performed. The safety of our guests remains a top priority and the Zoo takes precautions to provide a safe environment.