Plan Your Next Trip To The Zoo with SPARKd: Just Tap, No App!
Birmingham Zoo’s new interactive map and activity website is a single click away! Plan your trip ahead of time and enjoy fun and educational videos, restaurant mobile ordering all right from your phone!
Regular Zoo Hours – OPEN ALL YEAR!
Days Wednesday – Sunday
Time 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Entry into the Zoo stops thirty (30) minutes before closing
Show and Event Schedule: Summer 2022
- Subject to change due to weather, staffing and the ever-changing needs of the animals – Please check specific schedules upon arrival
9:00 – 5:00 Butterflies (daily)
9:30-11:30am Kiwanis Giraffe Encounter (weekends)
9:30am Alabama Wilds Goat Walk (daily)
10:00am Sea Lion Chat (weekends)
10:00-12:00pm Contact Yard – Children’s Zoo Barn (weekends)
10:00-2:00pm Lorikeet Aviary (Wed-Fri)
11:00am Reptile Feedings (weekends)
11:00am Elephant Chat (weekends)
1:00-3:00pm Kiwanis Giraffe Encounter (weekends)
2:00 Sea Lion Chat (weekends)
3:00 Predator Zone (weekends)
10:00-3:00pm Lorikeet Aviary (Weekends)
Your Zoo is working hard to give you the opportunity to enjoy the Red Diamond Express Train and Protective Carousel rides you love during daytime operating hours. To accomplish this, we have adjusted the hours that train and carousel rides will be available. Please see the schedule below to know when your favorite rides will be offered.
- Full Moon Wild Slide is CLOSED for repairs and renovation until further notice. *All rides are weather dependent and subject to change.
|*PLEASE NOTE: Your ride operator will take a lunch break from 12:00 noon – 1:00pm each day; the train will not be operating during this time.
- Family Plus Member Ride Wristbands cannot be reserved online
- FPM wristbands will be available onsite at the Zoo when you arrive.
- Show Member card to receive wristbands onsite.
- Ride tickets are for daytime operation only and are not valid for special events
- One ticket per person per ride, ages 2 years and up.
- Children under 2 years old must be accompanied by a paying adult on the train and carousel.
- Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by a paying adult chaperone on the train.
- Limited Capacity & Cleaning
- The train and carousel will be operating at limited capacity to ensure riders are at safe distance from one another.
- In addition, the train and carousel will be thoroughly disinfected and cleaned after each ride.
- PLEASE NOTE
- Ride tickets are non-refundable but are date-transferable up to one year after the purchase date.
- Zoo Discounts for rides cannot be combined with any additional coupons, specials, or offers.
OPEN Areas & Attractions
Rides & Attractions
Animal Buildings & Areas
- South America/Primates
- Children’s Zoo Barn
- ZOO MAP Download a copy of our map of the Zoo, here
Animal Encounters & Experiences
- Goat Walk
- Weather Dependent
- Time 9:30 am
- Included with the price of daily admission and Members receive free daily admission
- The Goat Walk is an exciting experience and enrichment activity/exercise for our goats and is not interactive for guests, but is viewable from the walking paths around Alabama Wilds. Please note, the route of the goat walk varies and goats may be walked through certain areas restricted to guests.
- Henley Park Lawn
- Nature Play area on Henley Park Lawn
CLOSED Areas & Attractions
- Zoo Grounds and a majority of buildings/indoor animal areas are open, but some playgrounds, Full Moon Wild Slide are CLOSED
Rides & Attractions
- Red Diamond Express Train
- Full Moon Wild Slide
- CLOSED until further notice
Buildings & Areas
- Trails of Africa Playground