- Today's Regular Hours: 9am to 5pm
Please read carefully before planning your visit.
Days Wednesday – Sunday
Time 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Birmingham Zoo is closed Monday and Tuesday
- Entry into the Zoo stops thirty (30) minutes before closing
- Holidays observed
- Thanksgiving Day on Thursday, November 25, 2021 the Zoo will be CLOSED
- Christmas Eve EARLY CLOSING at 1:00pm on Thursday, December 23, 2021
- Christmas Day on Friday, December 24, 2021 the Zoo will be CLOSED
- Early Closing Dates and Times
- Thursday, December 23 at 1pm
- Pre-purchase and reserve timed admission tickets online the day before your visit – Tickets HERE
- PLEASE NOTE: Online tickets sales and reservations stop at midnight the night before. **Day of visit – tickets will only be available onsite at the gate**
Red Diamond Express Train
Protective Life Carousel
- Weather Dependent
- Time 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Cost Single tickets are $3.95 (plus tax) for ONE (1) RIDE, per person.
- Tickets Sold and purchased onsite at each ride location ONLY.
- Guests cannot purchase ride tickets at the front gate nor online.
- Unlimited Ride Wristbands are not available for purchase.
- One (1) ticket per person, per ride, for ages 2 years and up
- Family Plus Member Ride Wristbands cannot be reserved online
- FPM wristbands but will be available onsite at the Zoo when you arrive.
- Show Member card to receive wristbands onsite.
- Ride tickets are for daytime operation only and are not valid for special events.
- One ticket per person per ride, ages 2 years and up.
- Children under 2 years old must be accompanied by a paying adult on the train and carousel.
- Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by a paying adult chaperone on the train.
- Limited Capacity & Cleaning
- The train and carousel will be operating at limited capacity to ensure riders are at safe distance from one another.
- In addition, the train and carousel will be thoroughly disinfected and cleaned after each ride.
- PLEASE NOTE
- Ride tickets are non-refundable but are date-transferable up to one year after purchase date.
- Zoo Discounts for rides cannot be combined with any additional coupons, specials, or offers.
Encounters & Experiences
MyEyeDr. Lorikeet Feedings & Aviary
- Weather Dependent
- OPEN ONLY on Saturday and Sunday
- Time 10:00am – 3:00pm
- Cost $3.95 per feeder (not per person) – plus tax
- Tickets Sold and purchased onsite at the MyEyeDr. Lorikeet Aviary ONLY
- Guests cannot purchase feeding tickets online nor at the front gate
- Face Masks All visitors are required to wear face masks on the giraffe platform and to participate in feedings.
Kiwanis Giraffe Encounter & Feedings