We have a variety of ways that adults can volunteer at Your Zoo:
1. Special Events Volunteers – no hours requirements.
No advance training. Sign up for our special events mailing list HERE.
2. Guest Service Volunteers – engage with guests in fielding questions, wayfinding, and assisting rides staff.
Hours required: 15 hours/ 3 month quarter
Training Required: Guest Service, Zoo Content
3. Conservation, Science, and Research Volunteers – support mission aligned scientific inquiry and local conservation
Hours required: 25 hours/ 3 month quarter
Training Required: Guest Service, Zoo Content, Interpretation Basics, task-specific training
4. Animal Crews – animal area roles such as experiences and animal crews (assisting Animal Care Professionals in husbandry cleaning)
Hours required: Crew Specific (ranging from 1/month to 1/week)
Training Required: Guest Service, Zoo Content, Interpretation Basics, crew-specific training
5. Interpretation and Learning Volunteers – support mission aligned educational opportunities throughout the zoo sharing the stories of our animals and conservation with our guests.
Hours required: 8 hours/ month
Training Required: Guest Service, Zoo Content, Interpretation, area-specific content training
Must have completed High School.
Must be able to complete minimum monthly and quarterly hours requirements
Must complete a background check.
One-time $50-$75 registration fee covers background check, t-shirt, name badge and expenses, and trainings
Must attend required trainings prior to signing up for volunteer shifts