Teen Volunteer Opportunities
Applications for our Teen Volunteer Program are now OPEN! Apply HERE.
*Summer 2024 Application is due February 23rd*
Late applications will not be accepted!
With over 150 teens in the program, our Zoo highly values the support that each Teen Volunteer contributes on a daily basis! Each Teen Volunteer begins their service with two full weeks of camp crew, assisting our educators during the summer, and will be given the chance to enter our year-round program from there. Selected camp weeks do not need to be consecutive.
There are numerous benefits to volunteering with the Camp Crew Volunteer Program! Many teens are able to use their volunteer experience to learn more about conservation and share their passion for animals in a whole new light. Volunteers have the opportunity to work with the campers and education staff, building skills in public speaking, leadership, time management, and more. Volunteers will also learn about Zoo specific material and build their knowledge of wild animals and conservation. Additional perks include getting to network with like-minded teens and gaining volunteer hours for school or extracurricular commitments
Before you begin your Volunteer journey, here’s what we will ask of you:
- Create a profile and submit an application in MyImpact, our online volunteer management system
- Ask two adult, non-family members to submit two online recommendation forms HERE
- Complete a brief virtual interview
- Complete a background check
- Attend a day long orientation in the Spring of 2024
- Pay an orientation fee of $50 (covering training, name badge, and one uniform shirt)
- Sign up to volunteer for at least 2 full weeks of Zoo Camp to achieve the 80 hours requirement
Please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org