Become A Member
Most memberships pay for themselves within three visits!
Register or sign in to renew your current membership. Early renewal will add a year to the end of the current membership.
Purchase a new membership now. Memberships become active upon purchase and will expire on the same date next year.
Individual $70 1 adult
Companion $100 2 adults
Family $150 2 adults + up to 6 children (ages 2-17)
Military Family** $120 Available for purchase in person with proof of eligibility**
Foster Family*** $50 Available for purchase in person with proof of eligibility***
Additional Adult $35 Can be named or unnamed; Available on all levels (maximum of 8)
Additional Child $25 Available only for Family level memberships (maximum of 4)
**Must purchase in person and show proof of active, veteran, or retired military status. Military discounts are also available on other membership levels.
***Eligibility based on adult’s approved foster parent status, not child’s status. Must purchase in person and show proof of foster parent status with a legal ID and Foster Parent Certification Card (DHR-DFC-775) or Letter (DHR-FCS-614).
UNLIMITED daytime visits throughout the year
25% OFF regular admission tickets for your non-member guests (up to six)
10% OFF stroller and wheelchair rental
10% OFF gift shop merchandise and food at Nourish 205 and Wild Burger restaurants
FREE “My Member Perks” Coupon Book worth hundreds in savings at Birmingham Zoo and other local businesses and organizations
Discounts on admission to approximately 150 AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums
Discounts on events, camps, classes, and birthday parties
and much more!
Named Members vs Unnamed Guests
- One adult must be named on a membership
- Additional adults may be named or may remain unnamed as guests
- Unnamed guests must be accompanied by a named member to use the membership
- Named member spots may NOT be used by guests when the named member is absent
New Membership Cards
- New membership cards are not sent via mail
- Following membership purchase or renewal, members may pick up their new membership card at the Zoo’s Membership Booth at their convenience
- Photo IDs may also be presented in place of a membership card in order to gain entrance under an active membership
AZA Reciprocal Admissions Program
- Birmingham Zoo members may receive at least 50% OFF admission to participating AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums
- Members must present a current Birmingham Zoo membership card to receive a discount (other institutions cannot look up a Birmingham Zoo membership)
- Click HERE for the most updated list of reciprocal AZA zoos and aquariums
- The Membership Team may confirm active membership via email or send a screenshot of membership cards for one-time assistance to those visiting other AZA zoos without a membership card. However, this should be requested well ahead of time as this assistance may not be available immediately if a member is already at another facility.
- NO REFUNDS are available for membership purchases
- If a membership is not able to be utilized for an extended period of time, it may be suspended once and made inactive until the member is able to visit again. Contact the Membership Team for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Email your Membership Team at email@example.com
Don’t forget that you can apply your regular Zoo admission ticket towards a Zoo membership! Just visit the Membership Office with your receipt or ticket stub within one week of your visit date. We’ll happily upgrade your one-time admission to an entire year of visits to your Birmingham Zoo.