If you are a member of the press & media, please contact Marketing & Public Relations for interviews, images, filming, photoshoots, or additional information.
On entering the Birmingham Zoo, you acknowledge and agree that you may be photographed or videotaped, and agree that any such image may be used for advertising or commercial purposes at the discretion of the Birmingham Zoo.
No person may sell or promote for commercial purpose, any image, video, or other medium taken while visiting the Birmingham Zoo without contractual permission granted by Birmingham Zoo.
The use of Birmingham Zoo’s facilities for artistic purposes including commercials, TV shows, publication shoots, and model shoots must be approved and scheduled through Birmingham Zoo’s Marketing Department.
Social Media Comment Policy: The Birmingham Zoo’s Social Media includes Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn, all platforms are intended to serve as a public forum to inspire passion for the natural world. Our Social Media is an online community for people to connect with the Zoo and its followers. In order to maintain a respectful, welcoming and informative atmosphere, the Zoo has created guidelines for posting comments and participating in discussions. Our Social Media is a moderated forum, which may result in the removal of comments which are considered disrespectful, offensive, irrelevant or inappropriate.
The following common courtesies apply when commenting on Birmingham Zoo Social Media pages:
• Please be polite and respectful.
• Comments should be kept clean and family-friendly.
• Comments containing personal attacks of any kind will be removed.
• Please keep comments on topic for the discussion. The Zoo welcomes all points of view and encourages active participation in Social Media discussions, but all comments must be relevant to the topic at hand.
• Spam comments will be removed. This includes, but is not limited to, comments intended to sell or promote products or services.
• Please do not submit anything you do not wish to be broadcast to the general public, as the content of all comments is immediately released into a public domain.
The Birmingham Zoo reserves the right to delete any comment that violates this policy. Repeated violations of the Zoo’s Social Media Comment Policy may cause the author to be blocked from the Zoo’s Social Media pages & platforms.
Our Social Media goal: Capture images of wildlife at the Birmingham Zoo, along with recording activities and interactions of visitors during their Zoo experiences to share with others. Your images could be used for promotional and educational purposes, web pages, newsletters and the like. We thank you for providing us with these images and we will give photo credit when name or social profile is provided and visible.