Questions, or trouble placing your reservation request? Please call 205-870-5230 or email.
• By submitting your form, you are agreeing that you are aware of the current limitations and unavailability of some of our activities, animals, and other offerings. We are able to offer 100% refund for any of the above activities that may have been pre-purchased.
• All Field Experiences, Discovery Programs and Zoo Labs must be paid for in full two weeks before their scheduled date. Programs that are not paid by this time will be canceled.
• If scheduling a program that is less than two weeks away, program must be paid for in full at the time of booking. Program payments are non-refundable.
• Birmingham Zoo requires that the contact individual be authorized by the organization to book this reservation.
• The contact individual is responsible for advising all other adult chaperones on these policies.
• Birmingham Zoo staff is unable to discuss your reservation with anyone other than the contact person prior to your arrival, including parents or other teachers.
• All cancellation notices, rescheduling requests, attendance number and lunch updates must be in writing via e-mail.
• The Birmingham Zoo may take photos and/or video of all group participants. The Birmingham Zoo may use the photos and/or videos for publicity purposes (unless specified otherwise by participants). If you would like to opt out, please let the Groups department know via e-mail.
• Chaperones must always accompany students. Any student not with their chaperone may be removed from the Zoo until their chaperone can be located.
• The Birmingham Zoo reserves the right to remove an entire group if one member participates in inappropriate or destructive behavior. Please be respectful to the animals, facilities, staff, and other guests.
• Final numbers for pre-ordered lunches are due 3 business days before your trip. Please send final numbers via e-mail. Any request of changes to lunches after the final due date will be subject to approval and will be charged a $20 fee even if the change cannot be made.
• A $100 deposit is due at least 2 weeks before your trip. Payment options include cash, check, or credit card.
• Pre-paying for trips can help make your entry to the Zoo faster and easier on the day of your trip. If you choose to pre-pay, full pre-payment is due at least 24 hours before your trip. If you are mailing a check, please allow 5-7 business days for processing. If you are wanting your wristbands mailed to you, pre-payment must be received and processed at least 3 weeks before your trip.
• Reschedules must be submitted via e-mail at least 72 hours before your trip and the new visit date must be available. If you arrive on a day that is not your scheduled visit date, you will be subject to paying regular priced admission at the front gate. Tax exemption will not be available with regular priced admission.
• A $25 rescheduling fee is charged for any date change after the first complimentary reschedule.
• To confirm your program, you must sign and return the School Program Payment Policy and pay for your program in full two weeks before your trip. Failure to return a signed School Program Payment Policy or pay for your program in full two weeks before your trip will automatically cancel your program.
• A maximum of one form of payment may be used at check-in.
• Group rates cannot be applied to anyone not included on the reservation.
@ Copyright 2021 Birmingham Zoo
2630 Cahaba Road
Birmingham, AL 35223
Developed by Kinetic
September 17, 2021
August 1, 2021
July 15, 2021
October 22, 2020
The Birmingham Zoo is an independent, not for profit, 501 (c) (3) organization.