Special Events Volunteers
Hoots and Howls Birmingham Zoos New Daytime Volunteer Event
Click HERE to Sign Up!
It’s that time of year again! The Birmingham Zoo is looking for volunteers to make our new Halloween daytime event “Hoots and Howls”, a fun and safe event for kids and families. It takes about 15 volunteers per day to make Hoots and Howls a success! We would appreciate your help in informing eligible students, teachers, friends, family members, and others about these upcoming volunteer opportunities.
*Please Note: Shifts Times are: 9:30am-12:30pm & 12:00pm-3:00pm
- Volunteers are required to wear a mask at all times during their volunteer shift
- Guests are also required to wear a mask while on zoo grounds Social distancing will be encouraged throughout the zoo
- Volunteers will also be given adequate safety equipment when needed (gloves, hand sanitizer, etc.)
- Must be at least 14 years of age
- If you are 18 or over you must be affiliated with a group, organization, business or corporation in order to be considered for this opportunity Volunteers must sign up in advance
- All volunteers must bring a signed release form
- Teens under the age of 18 must have a parent’s or guardian’s signature on their form in order to volunteer
- Must attend an orientation session on your first volunteer shift
- All volunteers must sign in upon arrival and sign out when leaving the Zoo
- Groups of 10 or more should call us to register
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All positions are assigned the night of volunteering – some positions may include: Candy Cave volunteers, activity and game volunteers, etc.
- Hoots and Howls is an outdoor event
- Please keep in mind that the month of October has unpredictable weather is unpredictable
- What is comfortable at the sign-in time may not be later in the day
- Please think about layered clothing, hats, gloves, and scarves to keep you warm
- Volunteers may wear festive costumes but all attire must be family-friendly and no costume masks will be allowed for volunteers
- If you have any questions please contact the Volunteer Department before the event
LUNCH AND VALUABLES
- Please do not bring anything of value to the Zoo
- The Zoo is not responsible for any lost items
- The Zoo does not have a place to leave cannot provide storage for purses or other items
- If you leave your items, you will have to be responsible for any losses
- Please eat before you come to this event, but you will be given a lunch break!
If it is raining, please call the Zoo to inquire about the status of Hoots and Howls at (205) 909-4561
Collin Howell, Volunteer Coordinator
Click HERE to Sign Up!
We would much appreciate your help in informing eligible students, teachers, friends, family members and others about these upcoming volunteer opportunities.