Summer ZooFari Camp
Sign up today for a Birmingham Zoo Summer ZooFari Camp! With up-close animal encounters, train and carousel rides, lorikeet and giraffe feedings and guided tours of the Zoo, the best place for fun and learning is at a Birmingham Zoo Camp. For detailed information including camp descriptions, schedules and pricing, click the Information Packet button below.
All camps operate between 8:30am and 3:30pm.
BeforeCare begins at 7:30am.
AfterCare ends at 5:30pm.
Summer ZooFari Camp is available for 4K through 8th grade students. Space is limited, and camps fill up quickly. Please register in advance to guarantee your child a spot.
While attending Summer ZooFari Camp, campers will experience:
- Live animal demonstrations
- Train and/or carousel ride*
- Crafts and activities
- Guided tours
- Animal Biofacts
*Train and carousel rides are dependent on weather and the availability of the attractions.
Summer ZooFari Camp Sign In/Sign Out Form: Once registered, please complete this formand bring it to the first day of camp.
Medication Policy: To review the Birmingham Zoo Education Department medication policy, please click here.
Request for Self-Administration of Medication Form: If your camper needs to take medication during camp, please complete this form and follow the instructions to send it to the Education Department.
Zipline Release Form: For your camper to be able to use the Soaring Safari Zipline Adventure, please complete this form.
If you have questions about Summer ZooFari Camp or the registration process, please call 205-397-3877 or email email@example.com for assistance.
The Birmingham Zoo is a facility that uses nuts and nut products for animal diet purposes. Traces of nuts or nut products may be found in areas where animal feedings are conducted and areas where Programs and Educational animal demonstrations are performed. The safety of our guests remains a top priority and the Zoo takes precautions to provide a safe environment.
In the Education Programs Department, safety precautions include:
- Teachers are trained to recognize the physical characteristics that indicate an allergic reaction is occurring and proper responses to take when a student has a reaction.
- Teachers are trained to properly use EpiPen.
- Teachers will not offer students any food containing nuts or nut products and all students will be discouraged from bringing snacks/lunches containing nuts or nut products.
- Teachers will ensure that no nuts or nut products are used as any part of class activities (not involving a live animal demonstrations).
For the safety of those who suffer severe nut allergies, parents of children who attend ZooFari Summer Camps are discouraged from sending snacks or lunches with foods that contain or may contain peanuts or tree nuts.