In the Events section:
Would you like to experience the Birmingham Zoo at night? The Birmingham Zoo offers three exciting nightlife programs:
- Twilight Programs
- Nocturnal Adventures
Any of the three options listed above can also be customized to include a Patch Program (see below).
For further details and information click the Info Packet button below.
Questions and Reservations:
If you have questions about the Nightlife Programs, or if you would like to reserve a date, the Education Department is here to help!
Please contact Carrie Brooks at 205-397-3864 or by email at email@example.com.
The Birmingham Zoo is a facility that uses nuts and nut products for animal diet purposes. Traces of nuts or nut products may be found in areas where animal feedings are conducted and areas where Programs and Educational animal demonstrations are performed. The safety of our guests remains a top priority and the Zoo takes precautions to provide a safe environment.
This overnight program allows all types of groups to experience the excitement of the Birmingham Zoo after dark. ZooSnooze programs are perfect for Scouts, church groups, birthday parties and any other type of group. ZooSnoozes begin at 7:00pm and conclude the next morning at 7:00am.
Twilight Tour Programs
This evening program offers an intriguing view of the Birmingham Zoo’s night life. Twilight Tours are perfect for Scouts, church groups, birthday parties and any other type of group. Twilight Tours offer the evening fun of a ZooSnooze without spending the night.
Twilight Tours begin at 7:00pm and conclude at approximately 10:00pm.
This overnight program is for school groups only and presents a fantastic combination of adventure and learning. Nocturnal Adventures is an academic program that allows school groups to experience the nocturnal side of the Birmingham Zoo. Nocturnal Adventures begin at 7:00pm and conclude at 7:00am the following morning.
About Our Nightlife Programs
- These programs are offered on limited dates, and fill quickly. Please register in advance to secure the reservation for your group. Registration requires a minimum of a three week notice.
- The Education Department can customize your program to fit your group’s unique requirements. Please let us know if you would like for us to modify your program to fit your needs.
- All overnight participants will receive a free pass to the Birmingham Zoo. Passes are only valid for the day following the overnight program.
(NOTE: Next-day passes are not available for Twilight Tours.)
- Bring your own sleeping bags, pillows, tents, mats, etc. This is like camping so bring only what you can carry!
- Evening snack time. You bring the snacks and we will provide the hot chocolate and coffee!
- Programs are available any night of the week throughout most of the year. Check for availability.
- A $100 non-refundable deposit is required when scheduling a Nightlife Program.
- If a group decides to reschedule their program; an additional $25 will be added to their initial price.
- If for any reason the Birmingham Zoo has to cancel a group’s program, the entire deposit, as well as any other payments, will be refunded. The Birmingham Zoo will work with groups to reschedule the Nightlife Program.
Each patch program explores the wild world of animals. Each participant will receive a patch unique to that program. Most programs are available for children 6-12 years of age.
Available Patch Programs:
- Zookeeper in Training
- Advanced Zookeeper in Training
- Radical Reptiles
- Marvelous Mammals
- Beautiful Birds