In the Education section:
School Break Camps available for 4K through 5th grade students!
All camps operate between 8:30am and 3:30pm.
BeforeCare begins at 7:30am.
AfterCare ends at 5:30pm.
Come enjoy the Birmingham Zoo’s School Break Camps. Featuring up-close animal encounters, train and carousel rides, lorikeet and giraffe feedings and guided tours of the Zoo – the best place for fun and learning is at a Birmingham Zoo Camp. For detailed information including camp descriptions, schedules and pricing, click the Info Packet button.
While attending School Break Camps, campers can experience:
- Live animal demonstrations
- Train and/or carousel ride*
- Crafts and activities
- Guided tours
- Animal Artifacts (Biofacts)
Call 205.397.3877 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a camper Sign In/Sign Out Form, click here.
*Train and carousel rides are dependent on weather and the availability of the attractions.
Education Office Hours:
8:00am – 3:00pm
The Birmingham Zoo is a facility that uses nuts and nut products for animal diet purposes. Traces of nuts or nut products may be found in areas where animal feedings are conducted and areas where Programs and Educational animal demonstrations are performed. The safety of our guests remains a top priority and the Zoo takes precautions to provide a safe environment.
In the Education Programs Department, safety precautions include:
- Teachers are trained to recognize the physical characteristics that indicate an allergic reaction is occurring and proper responses to take when a student has a reaction.
- Teachers are trained to properly use EpiPen.
- Teachers will not offer students any food containing nuts or nut products and all students will be discouraged from bringing snacks/lunches containing nuts or nut products.
- Teachers will ensure that no nuts or nut products are used as any part of class activities (not involving a live animal demonstrations).
For the safety of those who suffer severe nut allergies, parents of children who attend ZooFari Summer Camps are discouraged from sending snacks or lunches with foods that contain or may contain peanuts or tree nuts.